Hello my wonderful friends!
Without further ado, Happy New Year! I don’t know about you all, but my 2016 was definitely filled with some highs and lows but overall I am excited about all that 2017 will bring.
Last year I made a list of some resolutions and goals I had for the upcoming year. This year, I want to focus on a few specific things so I can better achieve what I set for myself. Here are a few of the things I will be working on during 2017:
– Keep in contact with my friends and family while abroad. I am going to do my best to reach out to those I love back at home as often as possible but still allow myself to be immersed in a different culture.
– Take a few moments every day to be thankful and positive.
– Post on my blog once every two weeks.
– Complete one art project.
– Visit Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Italy, France and UK during my time abroad. (I am so excited to be for sure checking Spain off that list!)
– Be confident in making mistakes and asking for clarification when I don’t understand what someone is saying in Spanish.
-Try something I haven’t done/eaten/seen before in every country I visit.
Career and School:
– Find an on campus job for the next school year.
– Practice my Spanish during my internship.
– Create a LinkedIn profile.
– Reach out to legislators about 5 issues that are important to me.
I tried to keep the list pretty simple for this year. There are so many things coming up in 2017- with me going abroad and also starting my first internship- I have a lot to be excited and thankful for.
So here is to a new year- may it be filled with more love, peace and understanding than the last.
Worry less and smile more.