Here are some of the goals I had set at the beginning of 2016, let’s see how they played out throughout the year!
- Planning my trip(s) abroad during my time at the U– Hey I actually completed this goal! I successfully planned my study abroad trip to Spain and I will be leaving in a little over a week and a half!
- Become more at peace- body, soul and mind-I think I did a pretty good job at this for the first few months of 2016… however, when life gets busier and more hectic I feel like the first thing to go is my health. This is definitely something I need to work on next year.
- Get on a regular fitness schedule- This definitely did not happen. I really need help when it comes to getting on a fitness schedule!
- Drink at least 2 containers of water a day- I started off strong on this one but it slowly faded. However, I have done better this year drinking more water per day than I ever have before! That’s an improvement!
- Eat to live, don’t live to eat- For the most part I would say I accomplished this goal up until the last month or so. Finals and deadlines destroyed my good eating habits. In the future I hope to be more aware and better prepared to eat healthy during finals week.
- Take the time to learn more about people- I think I definitely achieved this goal. I joined lots of new student groups this year and therefore have met so many amazing people and I have really enjoyed getting to know each one.
- Use Spanish more outside of the classroom- Well not as much as I would have liked to… but I am excited to be studying abroad in 2017 because that will help with that!
- Read a book a month-When you are double majoring in two very reading heavy areas this goal is just not feasible. As much as I enjoy reading… this goal only worked out during the summer months.
- Get involved in a volunteer organization- I did this! I joined MPIRG this year and I have really loved the work I’ve been doing with them!
- Write once every 2 weeks on this blog- I think I did a pretty good job keeping up with this blog and there were only a handful of times that I didn’t post regularly.
As you can see, I did get a lot of my resolutions accomplished for 2016 but there also is definitely room for improvement. I am looking forward to setting new goals for myself for 2017 and this year I plan on making action plans so I can better follow through with those goals.
Happy almost new year!
Worry less and smile more.