Greetings fellow Minnesotans and others who have happened to stumble upon this post. For those familiar with Minnesota, you are all well aware that “the great get together” started this past week.
Growing up, my parents were never avid fair goers but throughout the years I have spent a few moments at the fair grounds. For those of you who don’t know, the Minnesota State Fair is the second largest in the country and is basically a celebration of all things midwestern (what a great place to live!).
A few days ago I went to the fair with my boyfriend and his family for the first time in two years. There are a few things that I see as “have to do” if you go to the state fair… and here are some of them.
- Sweet Martha’s Cookie Jar- This is the most obvious of the list. Their chocolate chip cookies are to die for. You can buy them in a large pack that comes in a take home pale- I would highly recommend this as you will always want one more bite of these scrumptious things.
- Dole Whip- I have to thank my mother for introducing me to this one. Think frozen yogurt but a million times better. My favorite flavor is the pineapple but any of the options are a good call.
- The Skyline Ride- I would definitely recommend doing this at a time when the lighting is good (as in early in the day or later when the sun is setting). You get a really nice view of the fair and it really puts into perspective how many people are there.
- The Giant Slide- Basically you grab a carpet square and climb up stairs to the top of a slide and ride on down! People of all ages enjoy this classic part of the fair.
- The Animals- What is a fair without the farm animals? There are a multitude of places to see all different kinds of animals (including dogs and cats for you pet lovers out there).
No matter where you go or what you see, the Minnesota State Fair is a fun time to spend with family and friends. Let me know in the comments your favorite thing at the fair.
Worry less and smile more.