Good afternoon friends and family!
As many of you probably know, today marks the first official day of summer 2016!
I am a little biased being that my birthday is in June, but the summer months are definitely my favorite time of each year. I love the warmth of the sun and seeing people outside. Not to mention the great summer food (who doesn’t love a barbecue?) and spending time at the lake.
In order to celebrate the first day of summer my younger sister and I decided to spend a few hours at the beach earlier today. Man, nothing beats laying on the warm sand, feeling the breeze on your skin and jamming to some summer songs.
I’ve been in the process of making a killer summer playlist and I thought I would share a few of my favorite summer songs with you all today. So crank up your car stereo and roll those windows down!
- Mason Jar by Smallpools- This song has an upbeat vibe that I love.
- California Love by 2 Pac- Reminds me of your typical summer in Cali.
- Summer Love by Justin Timberlake- My mom always listened to this song during
the summer when I was a kid so this definitely brings back memories.
- The Wild Life by Outasight- This song is so jazzy and smooth.
- I Wish by Stevie Wonder- Stevie has such a classic sound.
- Rejects by 5 Seconds of Summer- Great for a car ride.
- Runaway Baby by Bruno Mars- Bruno Mars has a suave style that I am obsessed with.
- Pay My Rent by DNCE- If you haven’t heard other DNCE songs besides Cake by the Ocean please check them out… I love them all!
- Formation by Beyonce- No playlist is complete without the Queen.
- Run to You by Bryan Adams- Something about Bryan Adams just screams summer to me.
Let me know in the comments if you have a favorite summer song that you love to jam to!
Worry less and smile more.